Eyes of a first time reader

While I have been aware of William Diehl's impressive reputation as an author and the many readers who are fans of his books, this is my introduction to the writer. I enjoyed the book tremendously and felt that it was exactly what the book led me to expect and what the author was trying to accomplish. It’s well plotted, fast paced and very enjoyable with enough surprising details before the case is solved to keep the reader's interest. The thing that I appreciated about the story was the author's ability to add enough complexity so that even when the clues were sufficient to lead the reader in the general direction of the solution, you still wanted to learn how all the various threads were interrelated. This is a very fast read, and should be enjoyed by long time Diehl fans as well as first time readers such as myself. The details and relationships of the characters are as important to keeping your interest as is the major story line. 7 Ways to Die was so entertaining that I definitely plan to read some of the earlier works by the author.

No comments: